An environmental sensor with a Pycom core
Exo Sense Py is much more than an environmental sensor. Its broad range of sensors, two digital inputs and an open-collector output are routed to the dual-core 32-bit Espressif ESP32 chipset of the Pycom development board. The MicroPython interpreter with interactive REPL lets you develop and deploy your environment data-driven solution in no time.
The embedded wireless interfaces support concurrent short-range (Bluetooth/BLE), local-area networks (Wi-Fi) as well as low-power WAN networks (LoRa, Sigfox, LTE-M and NB-IoT) connectivity. Moreover, an RS-485 bus and dedicated I/O lines enable Exo Sense Py to communicate over standard protocols such as Modbus, I2C, 1-Wire and Wiegand.
Exo Sense Py can be employed for an endless list of applications: environmental monitoring and data gathering, BLE positioning, indoor tracking, rooms management and access control, alarm reporting, signalling and much more.
- air quality (VOC)
- light intensity
- sound intensity
- 80x80mm wall mount ABS case with fast snap-in terminal block
- 12÷28Vdc power supply, with surge and reverse polarity protection, and 1.1A resettable fuse
- all Pycom boards: WiPy 3.0, SiPy, LoPy4, GPy and FiPy
- 2 x digital inputs or TTL level I/O (1-Wire, I2C, Wiegand support)
- 1 x open collector output
- standard RS-485 interface to the Pycom serial lines, with electrostatic discharge protection
- WiFi/BLE/LTE-M/NB-IoT/LoRa/SigFox depending on installed Pycom board
- Pycom board programming pin-headers, compatible with FTDI USB serial cable
- RGB LED embedded on Pycom board
Optionals (factory-installed upon request):
- real time clock (RTC) with back-up battery
- PIR motion sensor
- earthquake sensor module