An environmental sensor and a powerful server
Exo Sense Pi is a multi-sensor module with a Raspberry Pi 4 computing core and a wide range of connectivity options. Ready for residential and commercial applications such as environmental monitoring and data gathering, BLE positioning, indoor people and assets tracking, rooms management and access control, voice control and much more.
Its broad range of sensors, two digital inputs and open-collector output are routed to a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, all in a small wall-mount package.
The Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 incorporates a high performance quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) wireless interfaces, up to 8GB RAM and 32GB eMMC Flash memory.
Moreover, an RS-485 bus and dedicated I/O lines enable Exo Sense Pi to communicate over standard protocols such as Modbus, I2C, 1-Wire and Wiegand.
Exo Sense Pi is compliant with the CE electromagnetic compatibility standard for emissions in residential environments and immunity in industrial environments. It is also compliant with the FCC and IC electromagnetic compatibility standards.
- air quality (VOC)
- light intensity
- microphone for sound intensity monitoring, recording and processing
- PIR motion sensor
- 80x80mm wall mount ABS case with fast snap-in terminal block
- 9÷28Vdc power supply, with surge and reverse polarity protection, and 1.1A resettable fuse
Raspberry Pi Compute Module compatibility:
- all Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 boards. A microSD slot is present on Exo Sense Pi to use external flash memory cards with the CM4 Lite
- 2 x digital inputs or TTL level I/O (1-Wire, I2C, Wiegand support)
- 1 x open collector output
- standard RS-485 interface to the Raspberry Pi serial line, with electrostatic discharge protection
- 2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless; Bluetooth 5.0, BLE depending on installed Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 board
- micro USB socket for updating Compute Module 4 eMMC
- GPIO-controlled LED
- piezoelectric buzzer, for acoustic feedback
- real time clock (RTC) with replaceable back-up battery
- embedded Microchip ATECC608A secure element chip
- internal temperature sensors for heat compensation
Optionals (factory-installed upon request):